Full Time Production Baker for Brite APPLY NOW
Our sister company Brite Donuts and Bakedgoods is looking for looking for a Full Tim Production Baker to join their small team here at their Fulton Street bakehouse. We are searching for a skilled, creative baker who strives to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers.
- Prepare doughs, fillings, batters, icings and other components by measuring or weighing ingredients using graduated containers or scales to ensure uniformity.
- Measure or weigh flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, doughs, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.Use tools such as hand mixers, electric mixers and cooking machinery to blend together ingredients to create high-quality baked goods.
- Cook prepared dough in ovens or on grills as needed, using molds, pans or sheets, depending on the proper baking technique for the item.
- Decorate donuts, pastries and other baked goods, including custom-made decorations for birthdays, private events and other celebrations.
- Coordinate deliveries to the bakery and buy necessary ingredients to ensure a fully stocked kitchen to reduce any downtime during the day.
- Perform routine checks on raw materials to ensure they adhere to high-quality standards and are not expired or damaged.
Production Baker Qualifications:
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- 2 Years of Baker experience.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 40 hours per week
Starting Wage: $16.00 per hour
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Paid time off
At Brite, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
|||Chicago, IL|||Brite ||||||G8WLbENRYy7LHd2X|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false