Sales Manager APPLY NOW
Metric is a Specialty Coffee Company founded in 2013 by Xavier Alexander and Darko Arandjelovic with a mission to Champion Quality, Transparency and Sustainability within the coffee industry. Today, Metric sources coffee in partnership with small & quality focused coffee producers across the world to import and roast clean, compelling and radiant coffees from our Kinzie Corridor Roastery.
The Sales Manager manages current and prospective sales clients; plans, directs, or coordinates the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer; actively seeks out new clients; maintains a positive relationship with clients; represents the brand and product with respect and accuracy. The Sales Manager will model professional ethics, consistently deliver stellar sales, and be an outstanding Metric brand ambassador. The Sales Manager is responsible for growing our wholesale business in the segments of grocery, distributor, hospitality and specialty retailer sales.
Duties include but are not limited to*:
- Manages new accounts.
- Partner closely with our Relationship Manager for account setup, onboarding, and account support as needed.
- Schedules meetings and coordinates tours and cuppings with existing and prospective clients; and communicates with the rest of staff regarding use of space and expected guests.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and services in a timely, respectful manner.
- Works with the production manager to resolve issues with orders and deliveries.
- Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determines price schedules and discount rates.
- Reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Grow existing customer base and interfacing with our high volume and grocery wholesale accounts.
- Monitors customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Consults with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Confer with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase or lease.
- Maintains constant relationship with Operations Manager regarding orders, events, samples, etc.
- Keeps staff in the loop of scheduled events, expected clients, upcoming orders or meetings, and future happenings.
- Performs as brand ambassador in line with discussed guidance (giveaways, samples, promo materials, etc.).
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field preferred but not required.
- Experience: 3-5 years of related experience a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving
- Service orientation
- Management of personnel resources
- Active listening
- A driven self-starter and problem-solver, comfortable operating in a start-up environment, wearing multiple hats, and collaborating closely with surrounding departments.
- Free coffee at work and employee discount
- We take care of you! Full-timers are eligible for Paid Time Off and insurance coverage per plan terms; all employees qualify for paid sick days
- Fantastic mentorship and positive work environment
At Metric, we welcome diversity and celebrate that our communities include individuals from all backgrounds, identities, and walks of life. We strive every day to foster an environment of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility that supports our employees, customers and communities. We know that embracing diversity makes us stronger, enriches our culture, and allows us to grow together. We encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds, identities, skills, and abilities to apply. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the application, interview or assessment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
2021-12-31|||Chicago, IL|||Metric ||||||U4tAg38cEiv6cKmc|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false